In the name of Love

Sunday, October 17, 2004

What is my ego?

I believe that we ARE what we experience, indirectly. There are two things, ego and consciousness. Ego is the personality that develops when consciousness concentrates in soul, mind or body. Our body is the projection of our spiritual, emotional and mental aspects. As we experience situations, we create our personalities (mental, emotional, spiritual and hence physical) in response to the experience. If I get bitten by a dog, I will develop a fear which will become a part of ME (ie. my ego, my personality). But ego is only a platform from which to experience the higher truth of Oneness, it is a viewpoint from one of the many huts (each made differently, small and large, simple or ostentatious) by the sea .. all of which are made to view the sea. Once we define our ego, we can take a deep breath and enjoy the beauty of the TRUTH.

Taken from a post of mine on Orkut's community 'Philosophy'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home